Monday, October 4, 2010

Wonderful Weekend and New Kit!

This was such a great weekend! First of all, it was conference weekend. For those of you who don't know...I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints. Two times a year we get 12 hours, during which we get to listen to our Prophet, apostles, and other leaders in the church. One two-hour session is for women...another two-hour session is for men. Then, there are two two-hour sessions on Saturday and then two more on Sunday. There were so many great teachings. The speakers never discuss with each other what they are going to talk about, and every time conference is on I tend to notice a "theme." I know that these men and women are speaking to us through inspiration and I know that there is a living prophet on the earth today, and he speaks with God, just like the prophets of old. It says in the bible that God is the "Same yesterday, today, and forever" I truly believe that scripture! If God spoke with men back in ancient time...why not now? Well, I can tell you he does! There were many wonderful teachings this conference and I really enjoyed listening to it.

On top of all that. Trent and I took a drive to Idaho during the first Sunday morning session. It was nice to be able to see the beautiful scenery and listen to conference on the radio. A nice family in Idaho gave us a neat bed for Jessica and a beautiful dresser. The bed is from Ikea and it has a slide. OH MY GOODNESS! My kids were so so excited! I can't tell you how long my kids have wanted a slide and they finally got one! Thank you so much to that wonderful family. :)

Okay now onto the new kit! There is a new kit out by SAHM Scrapper. It is called Gleefully wicked and it can be found in her store at Stuff to Scrap. Here is what I did with it, and a preview of her cute new kit!

Above is two of my cute nieces dressed up for Halloween 2009 and below is a picture of my Mother-in-law dressed up for Halloween as well.





No comments:

Post a Comment